This Is Why We Do What We Do – 2015 Version

206 Comments on This Is Why We Do What We Do – 2015 Version

I wrote a couple of posts back in the day titled This Is Why We Do What We Do. (Here and here if you want to check them out.)

WAIT … STOP THE PRESSES!

Okay, this is a case of perfect timing, so I need to interrupt myself. I literally just now pasted in the link for the second “This Is Why We Do What We Do” post. That post opened like this:

I received one of those hate mails this week, full of the usual brilliant observations:

Your film was obviously paid for by McDonald’s … Super Size Me was awesome and a really important film because it alerted people to the dangers of fast food … your on-camera experts must be beef-industry hacks if they say saturated fat isn’t bad for you … you think you’re funny but you’re not, you’re just really annoying … your film sucked so bad, I stopped watching before the end … etc., etc., etc.

Later in that post, I quoted from one of the many “thank you for changing my life” emails I’ve received to explain why these goofs who think they’re going to hurt my feelings with a nasty email are dreaming.

About five seconds after pasting in the link, my email program dinged at me. So I checked the email and read this:

Hello.
I just wanted to tell you I saw FatHead.
Or, should I say, CrapHead.
Because I just saw a full load of bologna. Literally, the worst movie ever.
You sir, Tom Naughton, can go to hell, or better yet, one of the places you defend in CrapHead, and die.
No one will miss you.
And no one will remember CrapHead in 10 years.
Have a nice day.

Another angry little pissant who thinks he’s going to hurt my feelings. You can’t make this stuff up.

Anyway, back to the original topic.

While taking time off to finish the draft of the book, I received a couple more reminders of why we do what we do. One came in the form of a conversation with a co-worker who has type 2 diabetes. His A1C has been climbing, and he’s concerned that he’ll die young, or lose his vision, or suffer some other calamity. I asked him about his diet.

He’s been told almost nothing by his doctor, and the little advice he’s gotten has been lousy. I asked what he eats. Breakfast is usually an apple and a banana, but sometimes he has oatmeal. He was told that’s good for him.

And your other meals?

Well, for lunch he usually has a sandwich. But he uses stone-ground wheat bread, because he was told that’s good for him too.

I explained that he needs to stop filling up on sugars and starches in the morning and try eating bacon and eggs instead. He didn’t disagree, but asked, “So … eggs are okay?”

You can understand his suspicion, of course. We were all told for decades that eggs will clog our arteries because of the cholesterol. The USDA Dietary Guidelines Committee has finally backed off that warning (a mere 35 years too late), but I don’t think most people got the memo.

So here’s a guy worried that his type 2 diabetes will kill him, and he’s been told eggs are bad, but oatmeal and wheat bread are good. No wonder his A1C is climbing.

The other reminder of why we do what we do arrived in an email. Here’s part of it:

Hi, Tom-

I’m a long time reader of your blog and have emailed you a few times in the past. I just needed to send you a message for a quick rant on some extreme frustration I recently had. I work in mental health as an outpatient clinic therapist and recently had a patient who couldn’t come to our last appointment because she went to the ER for chest pain. Turns out she had a heart attack. She’s only 36 years old, but is overweight, smokes, not a good diet, no exercise, and has a strong family history.

She came in after being released from the hospital. The real kicker is this: she’s been told to eliminate saturated fat from her diet to the point of it only being 7% of her diet. She was told no butter, no fatty meats, blah blah blah. They also put her on a statin even though her cholesterol was ok.

The hospital staff apparently was quoting directly from the USDA guidelines. As for the statin … don’t get me started.

Then….she followed up with this comment, “But what’s great is I saw that Graham Crackers have no saturated fat, so I can eat the s#%*@ out of those.” My internal response? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

NOOOOO, indeed. Out of curiosity, I looked up the ingredients and macronutrients from a (ahem) “nutrition” label for graham crackers online. The ingredients:

Enriched flour, sugar, graham flour, vegetable oil (cottonseed and partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or canola oil), molasses, corn syrup.

Refined wheat, sugar and hydrogenated oils.  Nope, no threats to cardiovascular health there.

Here are the calories, carbs, etc:

Hmmm, there’s a gram of saturated fat in there, so perhaps those crackers will kill her after all.  The email continues:

How can doctors still believe this jargon? How can one honestly believe a Graham Cracker is better than an Egg?

Good question. We’re living in a profoundly silly age where food-like products made from refined grains are considered health foods, while real foods humans have been eating forever are considered killers — because they contain fat.

But that’s why we do what we do. That’s why I’m determined to finish this book project, and then jump straight into the film/DVD version.

————– Update ——————

More laughs. The pissant whose email I quoted above sent another one on Friday:

Angry loser? Me? You sound like a whiner or a kid that just lost his favorite toy or a bad football player like Adrian Peterson when the NFL suspends him for beating up his child.
You don’t know me pal. I’m a powerful citizen of the US of A, the greatest country in the world.
I have powerful friends that can f@#$ you up, just like they did with Kobe or Armstrong.
Remember good, and write it down Mr.Nutjob, I’m Mr. Hands, I have power, I have influences, and I can beat you up anytime soon.
You f@#$%ing moron.
At least you had the time to answer mi e-mail.
Have a nice day a-hole.

Well, I believe him, of course.  That’s what powerful and influential people with powerful friends do:  they send angry emails to film directors whose films they don’t like.  Then they return to their video games until Mom calls them for dinner.

Figuring perhaps a reply will cause his pissant head to explode, I sent one:

Sure, send your powerful friends on over to f@#$ me up.  I’ll introduce them to my rottweilers and my Mossbergs.

You can’t make this stuff up.

206 thoughts on “This Is Why We Do What We Do – 2015 Version

1. Jamie

Thanks for doing what you do Tom! Gotta have thick skin in this world. You have to be really brave to put yourself out there.. Some days it’s tough other days you get those emails that make it all worth it.

1. Tom Naughton

I developed rhino skin decades ago when I wrote a humor column for the campus newspaper. It grew thicker when I was a standup comedian. No matter how many people love your work, you’ll always have some goofs out there who don’t and feel compelled to let you know — apparently thinking you’ll give @#$%.

1. Jennifer Snow

It seems to a firmly rooted belief in many people these days that if you can point out how something is bad or flawed, that makes you superior to whoever created it. They then proceed to define “bad or flawed” as “involves any limitations or tradeoffs whatsoever”–which means they can freely criticize ANYTHING and feel smugly superior about it.

That this policy ultimately means living in a world of useless futility doesn’t seem to mean anything, as long as they can feel superior about being “above all that”.

1. Tom Naughton

Thomas Sowell makes that point in “The Vision of The Anointed.” Point out a flaw in a system, that means the system is BAD … which in turn means anything The Anointed propose to replace it is automatically The Good. In the real world, the choice is almost always between imperfect alternatives.

2. j

Theyre called haters, and there will be haters no matter who you are or what you do..especially if youre in the public’s eye. Find the noblest, most selfless person you can think of and there will be someone out there that hates them. Just part of life.

Anyway, glad I stumbled across your movie one bored night on Hulu..changed all my perceptions about nutrition. Happy b-day and good luck on your new projects..

1. Tom Naughton

Yup, when I was writing a column for the campus newspaper back in the day, I quickly learned that no matter what you write, no matter what your style, no matter what your position, you’re going to get at least one hate mail. Anyone who puts work before the public has to learn to just laugh it off.

2. Beatrix Willius

People have problems with thinking. This week a colleague told me that her triglycerides are high. I told her that she should eat less carbs. She told me that she doesn’t eat many carbs. Then I asked her what her breakfast is: oatmeal, fruit and yoghurt. According to her carbs are only bad when eaten in the evening.

Those hate mails are really fantastic. No critisism at all, just hate.

3. Jamie

1. Jennifer Snow

2. j

4. Lynda

I’ve told you before but I’ll tell you again. Your movie was life changing for me and my husband. It was the pivotal moment when we realised the effect that sugar/carbs had and how they affected our insulin. This was back in 2009. It opened our eyes to a whole new world. Yes, I became a zealot for awhile but six years on we still live a low carb/real food lifestyle. We’re not so zealous now but realise this is for life and we will never go back to our old ways. Thank you again Tom.

1. Tom Naughton Post author

I laughed too. The goofball warns me that in 10 years, nobody will remember Fat Head. Well, it was released nearly seven years ago, and our digital distributor is still selling it to new markets, so I’d say the staying power isn’t too bad.

5. Tom Welsh

I have been thinking a lot about abstraction as a general mental process, and the ways in which we use abstractions when thinking and speaking. Here’s the first surprise: it is generally less intelligent, worse educated people who use abstractions most unthinkingly. Often they seem to believe those abstractions are concrete, real things. (“Good” and “evil” are examples that jump out at you).

Likewise, I believe, less intelligent and worse educated people tend to hold their opinions with the despairing death grip of a drowning man. Perhaps dimly aware that it’s a complicated, confusing world out there and that it’s very easy to be wrong, they utterly refuse to consider that their prized beliefs might need to be questioned.

That might account for the furious ad hominem attacks you receive.

1. Tom Naughton

There may be something to that, but the excellent book “Mistakes Were Made (but not by me)” offered plenty of examples of very accomplished people holding on to incorrect beliefs until the bitter end.

2. JillOz

Can’t agree I’m afraid. well-educated people are equally, if not more, tenacious in their attachment to bad ideas and abstractions. They KNOW better, you see.

“Well-educated” people jumped on the Nazi bandwagon. Many of them are currently lying anti-Semitic agitators. Many of them blow themselves up for Islam.

It is not the education, though that can help. It is the attitude and actually many well-educated people, fancying they know better, will be as anti-intellectual as any thickhead, especially if it goes against their chosen ideology.

6. Beatrix Willius

Those hate mails are really fantastic. No critisism at all, just hate.

7. Linda

Tom- Just so you’ll have your quota of positive feedback, thank you for all you do! You have changed my life for the better in an enormous way! I can’t wait for the book. I’m not a child, but I’m sure I’ll get a lot out of it! Keep up the good work!

1. Tom Naughton

Truth is, I hope adults enjoy the book as much as kids. Just because we’re big people, it doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy cartoon characters demonstrating how diet affects health.

1. Angel

That is so true! Add in a few swords or super powers, and you’ve got yourself a graphic novel and a whole new market!

8. Lynda

9. Thomas E.

Tom,

Again, thank you, and my family and I are looking forward to your book, and I guess new movie!

A quick story if I may. One of the gentlemen I work with, a really good guy, brilliant engineer/physicist type, mostly in optics and light.

He is still in the statin taking, low fat, whole grains are good standard of care. I’ve referred him to this blog, so I guess there is a chance he is reading this, but none of this will be a surprise to him.

He was raised on a decent size family farm in Saskatchewan, in fact a brother is still working the land. When he was growing up, his parents would purchase a side of beef, about 2 or 3 times a year to feed the family, they never went out to dinner, but they did have a sweet tooth for ice cream, his dad would bring home a 5G barrel every couple of weeks. Beyond that it was canned and fresh vegetables from their garden, and eggs and chicken of course.

His parents have eaten this way for their entire lives, approaching 90, still in decent health. ~50 years ago they moved into town in the winter, and about 20 years ago they moved into town all year round, but they still pretty well eat eggs, bacon, chicken, red meat, potatoes and veggies, and go out for dinner rarely. They still might be making their own bread, but I am not sure on that count.

My friend, and his brothers, they all went to university, they all adopted the standard American diet, and they all have had medical issues, including, but not limited to, diabetes, strokes, and heard attacks.

When I pointed that out to him, he just looked at me and said, “um, um, yeah your right”. And I said if you want to live as long as your parents, eat what they ate when they were in their 50’s. Yup, home made bread, grass fed free range beef, eggs, bacon, and veggies you knew how they were grown.

And yes, very much sample size n == 1.

As I said, he is a great guy, and I really hope he lives as long as his parents.

Cheers,
    Thomas

1. Tom Naughton

I hope he listens to that advice. When I think of healthy ancestors, I think of my great-grandfather, who spent much of his life on a farm and lived to be 101. He was entirely lucid until about age 98.

10. Tom Welsh

That might account for the furious ad hominem attacks you receive.

2. JillOz

11. NM

A further example for you:

The GP has been trying to bully a relative to take a statin for the last decade, because their cholesterol is “dangerously high”. This relative enjoys eggs, full-fat cheese and a tot of whisky every night. I primed this relative to tell the doctor to shove the statin where the sun don’t shine.

This relative is my great grandmother.
    She’s celebrating her 96th birthday this weekend.

1. Firebird

Just be glad he doesn’t send your great-grandmother to alcohol rehab for that “tot” of whiskey.

BTW…she does sound “great”!

12. GrannyMumantoog

Haven’t sent you a comment in quite a while but I just wanted to let you know that I’m looking forward to your new projects!

Keep on keepin’ on Tom! It’s helping many so I’m glad you’re able to ‘suffer the slings & arrows’ of a few ignoramuses with such good humor. Thanks for all you do.

1. Tom Naughton

I’ll keep on keepin’ on until it’s just plain common knowledge that real food is good and food-like products made from refined grains and industrial seed oils are bad.

13. Firebird

There seems to be a correlation between veganism and the maturity level of a 10 year old…unless those haters are really 10 years old.

1. Bob Niland

re: Naw, just adults whose brains have been deprived of essential fatty acids.

It’s about more than just EFAs, such as Omega 3 DHA & EPA. In an article I maintain to support some blog work I do, I’ve so far identified 12 nutrients that vegetarians commonly need to consciously address.

10 of the 12 have adverse neurological consequences if materially deficient:
        What happens if many of these are left hypo?
        Might explain some odd emails.
        But you won’t be able to explain it to the sender.

1. Woalter Bushell

Vegetarians on statins are at particular risk, low cholesterol means less vitamin D from sunlight. OTOH, most probably cover up and apply sunscreen when going out to pick up the snail mail.

2. Don

I play chess regularly. It’s kind of a constantly updated IQ score, as your rating is always being calculated based on the strength of your moves and the strength of your opponents. I take a fish oil capsule regularly and have begun to notice that my rating drops if I miss a day and increases if I up my dose. It’s an effect you can see almost immediately. Guess there’s something to the old saw about fish being brain food.

14. Linda

1. Woalter Bushell

What no pictures of operations on heart attack victims and triple bypasses?!

Ah well, better to leave the scare mongering to the
            AMA, USDA, Cargill et al.

15. Thomas E.

Tom,

And yes, very much sample size n == 1.

Cheers,
    Thomas

2. Josh

I try to avoid sugar and processed grains, and even grains in chunks. But, when I eat them I enjoy them. So, I make my own home made bread and eat a slice or two every day or so. But, it replaces sugars, which for me, are far more damaging to weight control.

I think there is some truth to the belief that the natural fiber in some foods counters some of the ill effects of the sugars and carbs in the food, but not if the food has been highly processed. So, I use a ‘chunkier’ grind of flour ( I do the grinding myself) rather than the pulverized stuff sold at the store.

Still, eggs, cheese, meat and veggies (lots of veggies) are my main foods.

On Thanksgiving if my friend makes his home made apple pie, I will eat a big slice and ask for another. 🙂 If I am going to eat lots of carbs and sugar, it’s going to part of a very tasty food, not a store bought cupcake or candy bar.

16. Jamie

Oops…well now I feel extra guilty for letting my kids have graham crackers as a special treat. Should’ve read the label.

I’ll make up for it with bacon and eggs for breakfast. Which is what we have almost everyday.

1. Tom Naughton

As long as it’s a special treat (and not every day is labeled “special”), I doubt you’ve done any harm.

1. Walter Bushell

Note: the idea of the vegetarian diet was to reduce sexual desire. Since sexual desire is highly correlated with health, this is a very bad idea.

17. GrannyMumantoog

18. Rae Ford

What is the world coming to when people simply can’t just agree to disagree with you but instead, they have to send hateful diatribe in an email? Confidence is silent and insecurities are loud.

Keep fighting the good fight, Tom. There is no telling what state my own would be in if I hadn’t seen your film 3 years ago. Since then I have made changes to my diet that have eliminated the problem I was having with my feet and ankles swelling. So thank you from the bottom of my healthy heart.

1. Tom Naughton

Some people just aren’t right in the head. If I see a film or read a book I don’t like, I make a mental note to avoid further works by that creator. I don’t feel compelled to send hate mail.

19. Firebird

1. Bob Niland

re: Naw, just adults whose brains have been deprived of essential fatty acids.

10 of the 12 have adverse neurological consequences if materially deficient:
        What happens if many of these are left hypo?
        Might explain some odd emails.
        But you won’t be able to explain it to the sender.

1. Woalter Bushell

2. Don

20. Archie Robertson

Anne’s tried to comment, but her message seems to be unacceptable, probably because it contains rude words (such as “hepatologist”). We’ll see if this comment arrives…
    In the meantime, you’re absolutely right about why we keep on doing what we do; yesterday I was teaching a group of second-year nursing students, and shocked them by showing that the things they are taught to be “slow carbs” such as wholemeal bread, potatoes and rice, are in fact even “faster” than sucrose.

I always explain that I’m not trying to make them fail their exams, nor that they have to lie in their tests in order to pass. I’m thinking of their patients ten years down the line, when they can’t lose a pound no matter how hard they try, and are developing their Type II diabetes and morbid obesity very nicely. I ask the students to remember what I’ve suggested as avenues for exploration, and how they can help those patients by going outside the guidelines they’re currently being force-fed.

And to counter the worry about exams, I suggest that they use “weasel words”, such as
    “In the textbook by Professor Dupont, we read…” or “In our course on diet and health, we learned that… “. In this way, they can regurgitate the nonsense they’ve had to absorb, thus passing their exams, without having to state that it’s actually true!

21. Bonnie

After his heart bypass surgery, my husband was told he could eat animal crackers; they’re even lower in fat than graham crackers, but have slightly more carbs. 🙁

22. Jamie

1. Walter Bushell

23. Rae Ford

24. Archie Robertson

1. Tom Naughton Post author

Yup, you’ve got to figure out what works for you. There’s no single diet that’s best for everyone.

25. Bonnie

26. Karen Anderson

Nothing new to add, except more props to you! I’m old now and am finally not trying to”fix” anyone around me. I have a relative who generally eats SAD, low fat, and is in better shape than folks 1/2 his age. We watched our father change his diet from eggs, with occasional oatmeal, to every other day “cereal” days, in order to be more healthy. His type 2 diabetes caused 2 lower leg amputations. Both after our mother died.

I try not to think what “might have been” for either of my parents, had the USDA food standards been based on science rather than politics. I firmly believe that people are diverse, adabtible, and some, more diet resilient than others. Keep up what you are doing — information is the footbridge to people’s ability to personal decisions.

27. Karen Anderson

28. Stephen T.

Tom, you’re challenging a stupid orthodoxy, so people are bound to react. It says a lot about them that they feel the need to be ill mannered and threatening.

Nina Teicholz gets similar criticism for her important work and it saddens me. I’m sure Gary Taubes is in the same position.

I agree that a small element of vegetarians are particularly frightened by the success that most people on a low carb diet achieve. When the system does finally fully acknowledge that natural fats are healthy, the whole vegetarian health argument will collapse and they are desperate to avoid that.

Those of us without agendas, who just want to know the truth, are grateful to you and all the others working in this field.

1. Tom Naughton

What was weird about this loon is that he never even hinted at why he hated Fat Head. Based on experience, though, I’d say the odds are 90% that s/he is a vegan.

2. Firebird

I became a vegetarian in HS. I want to say my sophomore year. I had a friend who was a vegetarian (Still is) then met another guy around 30 years of age who was closer to being a vegan (still is). Both seemed to do pretty good on the diet so I tried it, too. I whittled down to 138 lbs. from 165 (I built up a bit of muscle from weightlifting, which I started the year before). My junior year was horrible. I missed a lot of school. Felt depressed (more so than normal) and my grades were the worst they ever were. I stuck with it for another year before I began eating meat again.

The one friend from HS is 52 years old. I saw him a few months back at a Denny’s. He was fat, his skin complexion was borderline purple and he was eating a cheese quesadilla. The other guy is nearing age 70 and still looks, as my mom put it 30 years ago, “Like death warmed over.”

I’m 51, high protein, low carb and I am mistaken for a 35 year old.

Let the naysayers bang on.

29. Maria J

As a kid I remember dunking honey grahams in milk until the glass looked like it contained custard or porridge and I remember them tasting good. Not that long ago I slathered peanut butter and jelly between two graham crackers and that tasted good. The other day at a friend’s house I tried a graham cracker and it was awful, cardboard would be a complement. Not sure if the ingredients have changed or my tastes have improved, perhaps a bit of both.
    Thanks for all you do, Tom. I think some people just don’t have enough to do.

1. Namu

Yup taste buds evolve from childhood and onwards, there are at least three seperate genes coding for specific bitter receptors that undergo varied expression based on age – they’re the reason why kids often hate brussels sprouts, beer, very dark chocolate and kale, while many adults enjoy them.

30. Stephen T.

2. Firebird

I’m 51, high protein, low carb and I am mistaken for a 35 year old.

Let the naysayers bang on.

31. Mark

I’d take hate mail seriously if they would just get their grammar, spelling and sentence structure correct. It would be a long wait.

32. Maria J

Thanks for all you do, Tom. I think some people just don’t have enough to do.

1. Namu

33. lollo

Being honest Tom , I wouldn’t push nut jobs too far ! His emails sounded well disturbed ! Nothing to do with diet , just hatred !
    Ignore the moron and he will go away and move on to someone else

34. Mark

35. Eric from Belgium

Just keep on the good work Tom. You’ve been a source of inspiration to many of us.

>”Some people just aren’t right in the head.”

Hmmm… They actually are. But for inappropriate reasons.

To quote Shakespeare’s Hamlet “Nothing is either goor or bad. Thinking makes it so”

Have you ever investigated belief systems? I’m currently working on some aspects of the “climate change” facts and beliefs, and I found that there are lots of parallels to some points of medecine and nutrition…

We are all “psychologically built” on beliefs and values (ie is it good or bad), and sometimes when I challenge some people’s beliefs, the result is usually what I would call the “fear of the unknown”, that leads too often to verbal violence.

All it takes is asking five or six times “why” and/or “how do you know that”

The shorter approach is to show some object and ask “what color is this”, followed by “can you prove that?”

And it’s a very hard task to alter someone’s core beliefs and values.

Anyway, my initial training was in science, and a good scientist is a skeptic scientist. Organised skepticism is the foundation of good science.

By the way, did you ever get a chance to read some of Michael Crichton’s lectures? Some brilliant material in that, and a similar intellectual approach to Thomas Sowell’s work.

And I am currently experiencing another “Anointed crisis”. I live in Brussels and it currently looks like a city under siege…. To quote you “Head. Desk…”

Anyway, I look forward to your upcoming work.

Eric

36. Don in Arkansas

If no one hates you, Tom, you’re doing it wrong. You’re not a pizza – you can’t please everyone. I love your movie and have watched it numerous times, sometimes with friends. Sparks some interesting discussions at times.

“Sure, send your powerful friends on over to f@#$ me up. I’ll introduce them to my rottweilers and my Mossbergs.” Love it. And I’ll add a hearty “AMEN!”

37. lollo

Ignore the moron and he will go away and move on to someone else

1. Tom Naughton Post author

Good advice, and that’s what I did. He kept emailing, so I blocked him. Pretty sure he’s a genuine loon.

38. John C Lewis

Reading your post got me laughing so hard – I started choking on my eggs and bacon. The Pissant is right, this stuff can be harmful to your health. BTW: another great post Tom.
    Regards: john

39. Galina L.

Some people have almost religious hate for the McDonalds chain, while anyone can buy the same fast food basically everywhere. I am sure a regular store contains even more unhealthy items, even small stores at gas stations sell less healthy food than that McD.

1. Tom Naughton

I see people buying “foods” at the grocery store that are waaaay worse than a cheeseburger and fries.

40. Eric from Belgium

>”Some people just aren’t right in the head.”

Hmmm… They actually are. But for inappropriate reasons.

All it takes is asking five or six times “why” and/or “how do you know that”

And it’s a very hard task to alter someone’s core beliefs and values.

Anyway, I look forward to your upcoming work.

Eric

1. Tom Naughton Post author

I did reach a couple of Crichton’s lectures, as well as his book “State of Fear.” Brilliant stuff.

1. Eric from Belgium

>State of Fear..

Yes, I re-read it again a few days ago. One of his best work. Well thought out book. But the lectures he gave before commiting to the book were very interesting.

I wonder what will happen next week in Paris. Maybe the terrorist thing will focus attention on the real issues for a change rather than pseudo climate science ???

Eric

1. JillOz

No, they won’t. Hollande and various other pollies are insisting that the climate talks are THE priority for the world!! Can’t discard Agenda 21 just because terrorists are on the loose!

However, because terrorism is real – as distinct from AGW – they have scaled back on some of the events that were to take place, and have organised extreme security measures.

41. Don in Arkansas