Our daughter Sara informed us recently that she’s tired of having other kids stare at her when she eats her “weird” lunches at school or summer camp and would like to pack a lunch that looks like the junk other kids eat, even if it isn’t.
So Chareva took her recipe for Almost Paleo Pancakes and used it to make almost bread to use in sandwiches. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (ground into flour – Chareva uses the Bullet for grinding)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut powder or flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 brick cream cheese (4 oz)
- A little water to thin the batter
- Heat a frying pan and coat with bacon grease or coconut oil.
- Grind the almonds first, then mix together with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat until bubbles pop and holes form on surface.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
For a sweeter version add 1/2 tsp. Truvia, 1/2 banana or berries and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
If you enjoy my posts, please consider a small donation to the Fat Head Kids GoFundMe campaign.