Almost there on the book.  I’ve got to finish the last full chapter, then I’ll be writing a wrap-up chapter — the title of which will be something like “It’s perfectly good to be good instead of perfect.”

So I may just make that self-imposed deadline, which comes around on Saturday … along with my 57th birthday.

Back to it …

10 Responses to “Book Almost Cooked”
  1. Janknitz says:

Happy birthday! Mine was last week and I turned 56, so you are older, neener, neener.

I don’t know about you, but I feel much younger than I did 5 years ago–thanks, in part to your movie and blog. Good nutrition does that to a person ;o)

Hope you get to celebrate with the book off your plate.

• Tom Naughton says:

Heck, I feel younger than I did 20 years ago.

My birthday is the one day of the year I stuff myself with pizza and wash it down with good beer. That helps me remember what the bad old days felt like.

2. Dianne says:

Happy 57th, “kid.” Ahhh, youth. I sort of remember it.

I’m really looking forward to your book, even though it’s aimed at a much younger readership. I long ago learned that if there’s something I really want to understand and even the Dummies book on the subject leaves me scratching my head, the next stop is the children’s library. Maybe after I read your book I’ll be better at explaining the rationale behind low-carb living to friends who think I’m committing suicide by bacon and butter.

Does this mean you’ll soon return to posting twice a week?

• Tom Naughton says:

Back to regular posting is the plan, although I’ll probably wait until after Thanksgiving. Jimmy and Christine Moore will be staying with us that week while taking a break from their worldwide, whirlwind book tour. With the temperature in the 60s instead of the high 90s (as it was in July), Jimmy will probably be lobbying for non-stop disc golf.

• MickeB says:

Seems like you created a monster there, in the discgolf department

• Tom Naughton says:

Two monsters, me and Jimmy Moore. The other monster (and the monster’s wife) will be here all Thanksgiving week, so weather permitting, we’ll be indulging our addiction big-time.

3. Linda says:

Happy birthday on the 14th! I will forever after remember your birthday as tomorrow would have been my mother’s 95th birthday- she passed away on the ten year anniversary of 9/11. Talk about remembering dates!

I’m also looking forward to your book, even though there are no little kids around to share it with.

I envy you that pizza and beer tomorrow! If I did that I would be sick for three or four days- just can’t tolerate the wheat. But you have a slice or two for the rest of us!

• Tom Naughton says:

Oh, I feel it the next day. That’s why it’s become a once-per-year indulgence for me. I don’t have any plans for Sunday beyond watching football all day, so if I’m feeling lethargic, I can deal with it.

4. Mary D says:

Happy Birthday, Tom! And congrats on finishing the first draft of your new book.