136 thoughts on “Birthday Break

1. Kevin

Happy Birthday Tom!!!! Many many more!!! Please continue to do what you do. You have no idea how many people you are helping and that list is growing every day. All the best in the next year & beyond!!!
    Kevin

2. Live Free or Diet

Happy Birthday, Tom! I think we can get by for a day or two. Besides, a man your age needs his rest… never mind I’m almost there.

3. Bridget

Happy belated birthday, Tom! Does it help to know you’re a year younger than my dad?

Maybe a little.

4. FrankG

Just a couple of months younger than myself 😉 Time to get an old geezer hat so respectful teenagers on the bus will give up their seat for you and call you “sir” 😉

A belated Many Happy returns of the day Tom! I hope your family treated you like royalty.

5. James

Hang in there Tom, if my experience is worth anything things will continue to get better in spite of advancing age. I turn 66 in 2 weeks and thanks to you and all the other smart people around here I feel like I did at 40. Read your blog the first time in May of ’11 at 201#, now looking at hitting 170# by the end of the month. And, starting a new manufacturing business which I didn’t thnk was in me one year ago. I will not blame you for my having to buy all new clothes. So, Happy Birthday and thanks for all you have done.

Life is better at 53 than it was at 43 or 33 or 23. I expect 73 to be terrific. And as you’ve already discovered, reaching senior status doesn’t have to mean slowing down or giving up.

6. Elenor

Happy birthday, yah youngling you! (And don’t worry, by the time you GET to senior status, they’ll have moved it…)

7. BobT

McDonalds (in Texas) offers a “senior coffee” for 49 cents. You could order it next visit as I doubt they “card.”

8. The Older Brother

Well, happy birthday, you old far–

Wait a minute. I’m going to rethink that.

Cheers!

Well, you could change your moniker to The Younger Brother, but I don’t think anyone would buy it at this point.

9. CindyD

Happy Birthday Tom! Mine was on Nov 13th and I did celebrate with cake and ice cream. I hope your day was wonderful!

I hope yours was wonderful too.

10. Wayne D Johnson

I hope you’re not thinking about riding off onto the sunset, because you never fail to enlighten and delight me. 53 is young — I had my first child when I was 61! Keep doing what you’re doing and Happy Birthday!

No plans to ride off into the sunset. In career terms, I feel I’m just hitting my stride.

11. James

12. The Older Brother

Well, happy birthday, you old far–

Wait a minute. I’m going to rethink that.

Cheers!

13. CindyD

I hope yours was wonderful too.

14. Junebug

Happy Birthday! And don’t knock Senior Discounts. I couldn’t wait to get half-off on stuff. Movie tickets, amusement parks, coffee, love it love it love it! Think of it as a reward for a life well lived.

I guess that’s the positive way to look at it. I think of senior discounts as a reward for not dying yet.

15. Brittni

Darn. I was gonna say “happy birthday, old man” thinking I’d be clever and cheeky, but I see at least two people already said that… So I’ll leave you with these words of wisdom I found on a greeting card– We all have to get old sooner or later. You sooner, me later.

16. Junebug

17. Brittni

18. Walter B

Happy Birthday and just think, if you hadn’t been turned off by “Super Size Me” you might not have discovered low carb or paleo and we’d all be the losers.

I’ve thought about that. I’m grateful Morgan Spurlock managed to piss me off so thoroughly.

19. Gretchen

They say you’re always the same age inside. At 50 I am stuck somewhere in my mid-20’s inside. The 14th was my hubby’s and my 30th wedding anniversary. A good day.

Congratulations and here’s to 30 more.