136 thoughts on “Birthday Break

1. Kati

Have a very happy and blessed birthday, Tom! If you were my neighbor, I’d make you a coconut flour birthday cake with dark ganache frosting. :o) We ready appreciate all the work you do on this blog.

2. Lynda NZ

Happy Birthday Tom… from one who just turned 55. No senior discounts here in New Zealand though that I’ve heard of.

3. Heather

Well…that did it. I’ve never posted a response to one of your blogs before. I am a habitual lurker. I have to respond this time though. Happy Birthday!

4. Jean

Happy Birthday to you!
    You are not as old as you think – in Britain we don’t get senior discounts util 60!

5. Kati

6. Lynda NZ

7. Sigi

Have a fabulous birthday, Tom! Any many, many happy returns! 🙂

How awesome to be getting better and healthier as you get older (er, sorry, more *mature*)! But shhhh, don’t tell them – you still wanna take advantage of those discounts …

8. Norman Robert Spencer

Don’t remind me! I turned 53 in June. In Norway, though, you don’t get senior discounts that matter till you turn 67, though all employees over age 60 get an extra week of paid vacation.

Many happy returns of the day, by the way…

9. Heather

10. Kevin

Happy Birthday Tom!!!! Many many more!!! Please continue to do what you do. You have no idea how many people you are helping and that list is growing every day. All the best in the next year & beyond!!!
    Kevin

11. Live Free or Diet

Happy Birthday, Tom! I think we can get by for a day or two. Besides, a man your age needs his rest… never mind I’m almost there.

12. FrankG

Just a couple of months younger than myself 😉 Time to get an old geezer hat so respectful teenagers on the bus will give up their seat for you and call you “sir” 😉

A belated Many Happy returns of the day Tom! I hope your family treated you like royalty.

13. marilynb

Sorry, Tom, it’s more like 60-65 for those senior discounts to kick in anymore. But Happy Birthday, anyway!

14. Elenor

Happy birthday, yah youngling you! (And don’t worry, by the time you GET to senior status, they’ll have moved it…)

15. BobT

McDonalds (in Texas) offers a “senior coffee” for 49 cents. You could order it next visit as I doubt they “card.”

16. Sigi

Have a fabulous birthday, Tom! Any many, many happy returns! 🙂

17. Norman Robert Spencer

Many happy returns of the day, by the way…

18. Wayne D Johnson

I hope you’re not thinking about riding off onto the sunset, because you never fail to enlighten and delight me. 53 is young — I had my first child when I was 61! Keep doing what you’re doing and Happy Birthday!

No plans to ride off into the sunset. In career terms, I feel I’m just hitting my stride.