Today is my 53rd birthday, so I’m taking the night off.

I can’t believe in two more years I’ll qualify for senior discounts …

68 Responses to “Birthday Break”
  1. Gretchen says:

They say you’re always the same age inside. At 50 I am stuck somewhere in my mid-20′s inside. The 14th was my hubby’s and my 30th wedding anniversary. A good day.

Congratulations and here’s to 30 more.

2. Tessa Childs says:

I do hope your birthday meal will be better than this one!http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15752918

Hope you had a happy birthday

Tessa

Egads.

3. Firebird says:

I’m 47, think I am 17, feel like I’m 74.

4. Nikki says:

Happy Birthday, Tom! :)

5. Kathleen says:

Happy Birthday Tom!

Have you seen “Cave of Forgotten Dreams” yet? If not, DH and I will send it to you. Congrats!

6. Andrea Lynnette says:

Happy Birthday, Tom!

How do you celebrate your birthday Paleo-style?

It wasn’t a paleo birthday.

7. Bex says:

A very happy birthday to a wonderful man who has changed countless lives! Here’s to 50 more years of love, family, friends and BACON!

8. Teri Fout says:

Happy Birthday Tom. The “senior” thing isn’t so bad. However, the senior moments can be annoying..lol

9. kat says:

Happy Birthday Mr. Naughton!!! Have some low-carb chocolate cake!!! Come on, jsut a little. lol

10. Barbara says:

Happy belated birthday! It was also my birthday, and my husband’s uncle’s birthday. Went with the pumpkin cheesecake to celebrate.

Then happy birthday to all us.

11. Pat says:

Happy Birthday Tom

You share a birthday with Claude Monet – November 14, 1840.

I’m living proof the birthday itself doesn’t confer any artistic ability.

12. mrfreddy says:

Hey, what’s this about senior discounts? Do the liquor stores know about this? I turned 55 a couple of months ago nobody’s been offering me any discounts.

Must be cuz I look so young, haha.

Hey, that would be funny in Tennessee, because they’re now required to card everyone. Imagine the fun, “Can I see your ID, sir? We need to make sure you’re old enough to drink …. Oh, you get the senior discount.”

13. mezzo says:

Hi Tom – congratulations! Mine was yesterday (16th) and I turned 56 so I suppose I would qualify for all sorts of things? Funny thought that!

Cheap coffee in a lot of restaurants, if nothing else.

14. Nick S says:

Happy birthday! I got you an article http://www.naturalnews.com/023148.html . One more nail in the coffin of the lipid hypothesis.

Yup. Manipulating a health marker isn’t the same as becoming healthier.

15. Jim says:

When I was in my mid 30′s, I was dating a wonderful woman who was older. It was a grand love/friendship thing, and I never thought about the actual age thing.

Then, one night as we were standing in the movie theater ticket line after her birthday dinner, she told me the following:

“Ive got good news and bad news. You can save some money and get me a half price ticket tonight.”

I was a little speechless.

Pros and cons, I guess.

16. Nowhereman says:

Congrats on the B-day, Tom. I can just hear the vegetrollians now….

“He turned fifty-three today!? You mean he’s not dead yet from clogged arteries or cancer? Inconceivable!”

May you keep sticking it in their eye by living to a very, very rip old age… like 120. :D

Of course if you die in an accident, like Dr. Atkins did, they’ll blame it on your diet. So don’t have any fatal accidents! :P

I’ll be careful near curbs on icy days.

17. Jean says:

Belated Happy Birthday, Tom. Thanks for all you do in support of healthy living. I hope you realize that your birthday gift is the incredible difference you have made in so many lives. I’ll bet you didn’t imagine this when you started making Fat Head.

I always recommend Fat Head first when I start talking to people. It’s an eye-opener and gets them at least interested. I have two copies with me here in Korea and have been passing them around to my colleagues and I’ll donate one to the library when I leave. :)

One of my colleagues had an attack the other day, and the docs think it might be hypoglycemia or diabetes-related. For both, I had the answer – low carb diet. I’ve been trying to get him off of wheat for a couple of months now. This might be his tipping point. I’m sad that I wasn’t more persuasive earlier, but sometimes people just need a wake-up call. He’s interested now.

I had no idea what I was doing when I started making Fat Head or where it would go. It’s all been a very pleasant surprise (other than the distributor we’re trying to dump).

18. Trenton says:

My wife is 34, and AARP sent her a membership offer in the mail a couple weeks ago. how’s that for discount? LoL

Jeez, I’d be insulted.